[mythtv-users] Desperately need help with digital audio

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 03:39:06 UTC 2008

On 26/10/2008, Shane Ludwig <thierry at wru.org> wrote:

>  I want everything to come out of one cable, the S/PDIF connector, and go into
>  my receiver.  Certainly sounds simple enough. :-)

Based on the info you posted, try setting your ALSA settings in MythTV
(and other apps) to 'ALSA:plughw:0,1' If you want to set a default you
should probably use an .asoundrc (per user) or asound.conf (system
wide). Make sure the SPDIF is enabled in the mixer with volume set to
100%.

This should use rate conversion to ensure all of the audio data going
to the SPDIF is converted to a useable format.

On my SPDIF-based frontend I still use an asound.conf file based on
the MythTV digital sound howto -
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound#Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly.
You should be able to configure your card and device numbers (you've
posted the output from aplay) and be able to use the ALSA devices the
script creates (mixed-digital etc).

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: