[mythtv-users] Pseudo-random frontend crash when watching recordings

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 04:19:41 UTC 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> I didn't find anything in trac that really looked like the same
> problem I'm
> having. Some recordings will crash the frontend suddenly and there
> will not
> be any errors in the log file. Sometimes it's reproducible and
> sometimes
> it's not, meaning, some recordings will cause the frontend to crash
> in the
> same place over and over and some will crash it once but not the
> next time.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

Check your video files. Is it truly random, or is it doing it with a
predetermined filetype? For whatever reason, anytime I play back xvid
content, via the internal player, or via xine, when I exit the
program, the frontend will crash. This has been happening for many
months, and I have the power button workaround found on wilsonet.com
implemented to restart the frontend whenever it does die.