[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:09:44 UTC 2008

You should check to see if lirc is running.

#ps -A | grep lirc

You should have two entries under device. How are you starting lirc?
For example I use

/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd1

This is in my /etc/rc.local file but I'm not sure where mythubuntu puts yours

If lirc is running, I'd kill the process and then issue the command I
gave you above (the usr/sbin/....) changing the -/dev/lirc0 to your
device name and then I'd go back to /dev and check how many lirc's you
have.