[mythtv-users] Help with basic cable detecting channels

Jim Marshall jim_marshall2268 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 17:10:43 UTC 2008

Hi,
 I have a pcHDTV 3000 card, I previously had this card setup up
in Myth 0.21 (MythDora 5.0). Unfortunately when watching the channels
the picture was choppy along with the sound. After trying a few things
I took the card out. I recently upgraded the power supply and added
more memory, so I thought I would give the card another try. However
when I scan for channels nothing is found.

I have set it to use
QAM-256 (also tried QAM 128, & QAM 64) and Cable IRC (also tried
cable and cable hrc). It goes through the lower channels but doesn't
detect *any* signals (it does lock on a few and gives a "No tables"
message), when it gets to the higher channels (74+) it either says "No
Tables" or "No Signal". Now when it gets to the 100's it detects
several channels and they are all encrypted. I know the cable wire works as it has been hooked up to my TV directly, and since it detects the encrypted channels I can only believe it is getting some signals.

I have the cable connected directly to my card (no cable box involved).

Is there anything I can do to try and figure out why it can't lock on the channels? Is there a CLI I can use to t-shoot?

in my research I ran accross the following thread:

This
looks like something I can try, however; I do not understand the
correlation between the csv file and the data on the silicondust site.
Specifically the 'freqid' and 'serviceid' fields. I would suspect that
this would be the channel and program columns on from silicondust?

Additionally
there is a reply indicating that the calculation of the frequency is
not correct in the perl script. Can anyone tell me what needs to be
done to correct this?

I am in Billerica MA using Comcast cable
without a cable box (basic cable). My HD TV picks up a bunch of digital
channels including the local HD channels.

Thanks in advance!