[mythtv-users] Dell Studio Hybrid - success

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri Nov 14 20:25:50 UTC 2008

> Great news, I was curious about these things as Myth boxes. With more ram
> (And some kind of tuner, perhaps external) , could one of these be a
> combined FE/BE or would the 5400RPM disk be a limiting factor?

I don't see why not - the backend doesn't require much to run really.  I'd
suggest that you'd want external storage of some sort for recordings
though - forget 5400RPM, the size is a limiting factor in and of itself.

When I picked mine up, the base system was $529, and the "deal" I got was
$599 with the upgraded processor 2Gb of RAM and a 250GB disk.  Not cheap,
but not a bad machine really.  Looks like the same thing would cost a bit
more today, even new.