[mythtv-users] mythwelcome setup questions

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 04:00:53 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get mythwelcome running alongside ACPI to wake up and shut
down my FE/BE. I've configured and tested the backend to use ACPI, and
everything works fine. I'm confused as to why I have to enter seemingly the
same info into the mythwelcome setup as I do to the backend setup. What is
the relationship between the two, and the various pre-shutdown and shutdown
programs they run? Does mythwelcome or the backend handle the shutdown and
setting the wakeup time?

vik