[mythtv-users] sharing a remote control

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Wed May 28 20:10:47 UTC 2008

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> I watch all my TV on a single BE/FE machine with a 17" monitor. It does the
> job, for me. I have a Win MCE remote that came with my PVR-500.
>
> Right next to it I have a nice flat-screen 19" monitor on a machine with lots
> more horsepower and it would be nice to watch some things on it when I have a
> visitor. I know I can do a FE-only install on it.
>
> But... How do I share the remote? Can I use a USB hub or a switchbox?
>
> _
If you have only one receiver and if your machine are networked, you
could probably use the lirc tcp/ip connection and send your remote
signal like this :
irsend --address=host:port "IR CODE"
in you .lircrc file
You have to configure your other  lirc deamon to to listen for tcp/ip
and accept simulation:
lircd -l -a
You also can configure some button to switch between 2 modes, one for
the local machine, one for the remote computer
(http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html "The .lircrc file format").

I never tried btw, Hope it help
Xavier