[mythtv-users] Anyone using an iMon LCD display

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:09:39 UTC 2008

2008/3/26, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>:
> As I suspected, the usbhid module having grabbed the device was the
>  entire problem. Unloading that module before loading lirc_imon solved
>  everything (just about). The LCD is working perfectly, though I just
>  have to learn how to control it now.
>
>  One thing I do seem to have an issue with is the front panel button &
>  volume knob. Does your case have any of those?
>
>  I tried using irrecord to create a configuration for those button.
>  While it's running, it seems to see all the buttons. The dots appear,
>  and is asks for names, and doesn't complain about anything. Yet when I
>  get to the end, where it says to press a single button repeatedly, it
>  doesn't recognize any of the buttons. The only thing it recognized was
>  the volume knob. Then when it was done, the config file it created has
>  0x00 as the code for every button. After trying a few different
>  things, I was able to get a config that worked for only the volume
>  know, but not for any buttons.
>

>  Also, what style backlighting does your LCD have:
>
> http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/oem3.aspx?topMenu=2&subMenu=1&leftMenu=43
>

> Thermaltake's website shows the case using the negative white LCD, but
>  what I got was the negative blue. It's not as much contrast as I would
>  like (ive tried playing with the LCDd.conf setting, and it doesn't
>  help much). Its harder to read with the blue background. If you got
>  the negative white, is the background nice and black, as it appears on
>  the soundgraph website (just wondering if soundgraph doctored the
>  contrast for marketing purposes).
>

>  Thanks for your help

Hey, nice to hear that.

I made my config file with irrecord. If it can help you:
http://pastebin.ca/958823

It will work for you probably only if you have MCE remote. I also had
my problems with irrecord when I used it first time a few years ago.
Try one more, press the buttons longer etc. If nothing works, check
lirc mailing list.

Here are my codes for the volume knob, although I never use it. I just
looks good :)
WheelRight               0x0001
WheelLeft                0x0100

My LCD have blue background. I set backlight to 200 and it looks
pretty good. Not as good as some black/white VFDs, but it is still
pretty OK.

M.