[mythtv-users] Anyone using an iMon LCD display

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Mar 26 22:45:33 UTC 2008

As I suspected, the usbhid module having grabbed the device was the
entire problem. Unloading that module before loading lirc_imon solved
everything (just about). The LCD is working perfectly, though I just
have to learn how to control it now.

One thing I do seem to have an issue with is the front panel button &
volume knob. Does your case have any of those?

I tried using irrecord to create a configuration for those button.
While it's running, it seems to see all the buttons. The dots appear,
and is asks for names, and doesn't complain about anything. Yet when I
get to the end, where it says to press a single button repeatedly, it
doesn't recognize any of the buttons. The only thing it recognized was
the volume knob. Then when it was done, the config file it created has
0x00 as the code for every button. After trying a few different
things, I was able to get a config that worked for only the volume
know, but not for any buttons.

Also, what style backlighting does your LCD have:
http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/oem3.aspx?topMenu=2&subMenu=1&leftMenu=43

Thermaltake's website shows the case using the negative white LCD, but
what I got was the negative blue. It's not as much contrast as I would
like (ive tried playing with the LCDd.conf setting, and it doesn't
help much). Its harder to read with the blue background. If you got
the negative white, is the background nice and black, as it appears on
the soundgraph website (just wondering if soundgraph doctored the
contrast for marketing purposes).

Thanks for your help

--
Ron