[mythtv-users] Editing videos

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Mar 20 01:36:00 UTC 2008

Greetings

I have a freinds wedding DVD that I want to extract a few minutes of to
put into a home movie. This is the process I followed using 0.21 fixes but
something is amiss!!

1. I've done a 'perfect' rip of it to a vob file which is in my video
directory.
2. I've run mythcommflag --video to create a seek table for it
3. I've played it in the Internal viewer, entered Edit mode and added
cutpoints
4. I've run mythtranscode --video --honorcutlist but it doesn't. I get a
copy of the whole vob file.

Now here is the strange bit - if I go back into mythvideo to check the
cutpoints on the original vob file, I get a blank screen for about 2
seconds and then I'm back at the menu. I had to rename the file, rescan
under video manager and rename the file back again to get something
viewable back again.

Can someone either tell me where I've gone wrong or if it is even possible?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks