[mythtv-users] why you use myth...like myth, or hate Microsoft

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Mar 1 20:35:14 UTC 2008

I guess #1 is probably the closest. I didn't exactly learn linux for
myth, but I've learned a LOT more about it since.

Many years ago, my debate was between a tivo and mythtv. After
debating back and forth, I chose tivo. I had that for almost 2 years.
I got tired of not being able to record 2 shows at once. My choice was
now buy a second tivo or build a mythbox. It was at this point that I
realized mythtv would be a better investment in the long run. I used
some spare hardware and built an 0.18 box with 3 tuners to run
alongside my tivo. I used that for a few years before it finally
started to become unstable, and I started to be interested in HD. Late
last year I started work on a new system, and its working out great.
Maybe one of these days, my wife will eventually let me retire the
tivo (she's hooked on tivo, and the 0.18 system never did it for her,
but she's SLOWLY starting to gain an appreciation for the new system).

--
Ron