[mythtv-users] Codex for mythweb streaming

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jun 30 21:09:45 UTC 2008

On Jun 30, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Aaron Klein wrote:

> I'm about to leave for a week and I would like to be able to connect
> to my mythweb interface while i'm away.  I was trying it out today at
> work and I can get to the interface and I have it setup to require
> authentication.  When I get in if I click the ASX stream link windows
> media player opens and trys to play but reports a problem with the
> codex and then fails.  Im wondering what codex I need to install to
> get this to work.  I tried to open the stream with VLC but it keeps
> asking for my username and password to play the file and never gets
> past that point.

ASX is just an xml wrapper to get media players to download files
instead of the browser.  The ASX file just links to download the
actual recording, so the file is in whatever format you record with.
If you use nuv, you're pretty much limited to mythtv and mplayer for
playback.

> Also when I go to the program detail page to see the flash version of
> the show.  If I click play it will play a few seconds of the show and
> then just stops.  I know both of these features are expermental but it
> seems like they work or will work.

No clue on this one.  Probably has something to do with file system
buffering.  I have a quad core machine for my backend, and get this
occasionally, so I doubt it has to do with CPU speed, but that might
also be a factor.

-Chris