[mythtv-users] Codex for mythweb streaming

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:19:03 UTC 2008

I'm about to leave for a week and I would like to be able to connect
to my mythweb interface while i'm away.  I was trying it out today at
work and I can get to the interface and I have it setup to require
authentication.  When I get in if I click the ASX stream link windows
media player opens and trys to play but reports a problem with the
codex and then fails.  Im wondering what codex I need to install to
get this to work.  I tried to open the stream with VLC but it keeps
asking for my username and password to play the file and never gets
past that point.

Also when I go to the program detail page to see the flash version of
the show.  If I click play it will play a few seconds of the show and
then just stops.  I know both of these features are expermental but it
seems like they work or will work.