[mythtv-users] Status Update on SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100?

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Mon Jun 30 20:52:14 UTC 2008

>The goal would be to get a full mythtv frontend running on the sage
>extender. The GPL code released for the sage extender includes the
>patches to ffmpeg to enable it to use the hardware decoding, so i
>don't think that will be the most difficult part. Much more difficult
>(impossible?) would be getting to the point where we could run our own
>code.

That's interesting. If they have really included the patches to
ffmpeg that enable hardware decoding, this would be the very first
open source Linux box to offer hardware assisted mpeg4/h.265 decode.

There is nothing out there in the "open source land" that can do
hardware assisted mpeg4/h.265 decode. Zero, nada, zip.