[mythtv-users] netflix streaming on myth like xbox360?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:35:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Dan Littlejohn <dan.littlejohn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't want to record the movies, just want the instant gratification of
> being able to watch them on demand.  I already have Satellite and a Myth
> box.  Was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to buy another box
> (roku) and take advantage of all the other things myth does well like
> distributing content throughout the house.  I am paying for the Netflix
> Streaming Service, to bad there is not a way for me to use it.  Maybe
> someone will figure the DRM out and a myth plugin will be made.

I ended up wiring my Media Center PC to the upstairs TV just for the Netflix
plugin for this reason.  In theory you might be able to do this on the Linux
box using virtualization (VMware, VirtualBox) to run IE or possibly even
Wine.  Of course if you have a separate frontend, even a dual boot to MCE is
a possibility.

Kevin