[mythtv-users] netflix streaming on myth like xbox360?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:29:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> The Watch Now service is on demand.  The Roku will stream you the movie
> whenever you want.  There isn't much reason to record it to Myth when it is
> always available.  For that $250, you could buy 2 more Roku's if you somehow
> needed to have multiple clients such that recording to Myth would even make
> sense.
>
> Kevin

Except that numerous Watch Instantly movies have been on the system
for limited times and then removed. If you watch your Instant Queue
and you have one it will say 'Until 6/30/08', etc. in the Availability
column. Possibly in that case you might want to record it to watch a
bit later.

There is a NetFlix community page that lists which ones are on the
system for limited times. I don't have the URL handy but it's listed
somewhere in the community pages if anyone needs to find it.

- Mark