[mythtv-users] custom asoundrc with mythtv

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri Jun 20 22:36:31 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 21. Juni 2008 schrieb Markus Schulz:
[...]
> I known it's possible to override the default surround51 device, but
> what should be used as slave then?

ok, i've found it inside /usr/share/alsa/pcm/surround51.conf

pcm.!surround51
{
  @args [ CARD DEV ]
  @args.CARD {
    type string
    default {
      @func getenv
      vars [
        ALSA_SURROUND51_CARD
        ALSA_PCM_CARD
        ALSA_CARD
      ]
      default {
        @func refer
        name defaults.pcm.surround51.card
      }
    }
  }
  @args.DEV {
    type integer
    default {
      @func igetenv
      vars [
        ALSA_SURROUND51_DEVICE
      ]
      default {
        @func refer
        name defaults.pcm.surround51.device
      }
    }
  }
  type route
  ttable.0.0 1
  ttable.1.1 1
  ttable.2.2 1
  ttable.3.3 1
  ttable.4.4 1
  ttable.5.5 1
  ttable.0.5 1
  ttable.1.5 1
  ttable.2.5 1
  ttable.3.5 1
  ttable.4.5 1

  slave.channels 6
  slave.pcm {
    @func refer
    name {
      @func concat
      strings [
        "cards."
        {
          @func card_driver
          card $CARD
        }
        ".pcm.surround51." $DEV ":CARD=" $CARD
      ]
    }
  }

}

looks complicated but works as expected.

> Was it possible to disable the new 2.0->5.1 expansion from OSD?
> Sometimes it's ugly to have prologic-like surround for stereo music
> channels or similar.

now i'm only looking for a solution to this problem ;)

--
Markus Schulz

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?