[mythtv-users] custom asoundrc with mythtv

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri Jun 20 22:11:00 UTC 2008

hello,

pre qt4-mythtv version i could setup "ALSA:mythtv" as pcm device and
define a mythtv section inside my asoundrc like this:

# all subwoofer parts to .1 channel
pcm.mythtv
{
     type route
     slave.pcm "surround51"
     slave.channels 6
     ttable.0.0 1
     ttable.1.1 1
     ttable.2.2 1
     ttable.3.3 1
     ttable.4.4 1
     ttable.5.5 1
     ttable.0.5 1
     ttable.1.5 1
     ttable.2.5 1
     ttable.3.5 1
     ttable.4.5 1
}

But now with trunk it's impossible to use a selfmade pcm device, it will
be rejected to ALSA:surround51. Why this restriction?

I known it's possible to override the default surround51 device, but
what should be used as slave then?

Was it possible to disable the new 2.0->5.1 expansion from OSD?
Sometimes it's ugly to have prologic-like surround for stereo music
channels or similar.

--
Markus Schulz