[mythtv-users] Mapping multimedia keys: "pressed key not recognized"

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Fri Jun 20 01:04:40 UTC 2008

I've tried a few approaches to making the multimedia keys on my kbd play
nice with myth, but all have lead to dead ends.

I decided to take the simple approach, and use the myth setup menu for
keyboard mappings.  Now, I have myth (0.20) waiting for a key with "Press a
key", but when I press the PLAY button on my keyboard, myth says "pressed
key not recognized".

How do I get myth to recognize the multimedia keys?