[mythtv-users] Could realtime commercial flagging cause hard lockup/freeze/hang?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Jun 18 17:44:36 UTC 2008

At 10:12 AM -0600 6/18/08, Greg Grotsky wrote:
>I might think that, but I have been using the exact same hardware
>without changes for 4-5 months, the only change I did then was
>upgrading the processor to the 4200+ dual core

I vote for heat. A faster processor will usually generate more heat,
especially when doing something like commercial detection. If you
have something that is slowing the CPU fan down, try speeding it back

After I bought a new 5000+ and motherboard for my frontend box, I
shifted a P4 motherboard to the backend. Until I found the right fan
speed to keep it cool, the P4 would lock up at random times while
commflagging or transcoding.