[mythtv-users] Could realtime commercial flagging cause hard lockup/freeze/hang?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 02:10:02 UTC 2008

Greg Grotsky wrote:
> On 6/18/08, Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How many dimms do you have in the machine?
>

> I have two dimms (dual channel DDR1).  512MB each, for 1GB of system ram.

That is only 4 connections to the cpu, I have only seen problems when one has u
4 dimms and usually all dimms have to be double sided for a load of 8 on the
cpu.    If you had a load of 8 then 333 is the max speed, with only 4 the speed
is still supposed to be 400.

Are the dimms identical?   I had an issue on one of my machines where 2 of the
dimms paired up had different timing (one was slightly slower) and that appeared
to cause all sorts of crashes, setting both dimms to the faster speed worked fine.

And sometimes these issues only come out with faster cpus, with 4 double sided
dimms it worked fine with a slower cpu but did not work with a faster cpu.

                              Roger