[mythtv-users] Backend Setup ver 0.21 with PVR-350 and pcHDTV-500

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Jun 14 01:59:02 UTC 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Darrel Mattox wrote:

> Configuration – Hardware
> Hauppauge PVR-350
> pcHDTV-5500
>
> In “Capture Cards”, I setup three cards
> 1.       PVR-350
> 2.       V4L analog driver for the NTSC tuner in the pcHDTV-5500
> 3.       DVB digital driver for the ATSC tuner in the pcHDTV-5500
>
> In “Video Sources” I have two listing (from SchedulesDirect)
> 1.       Only analog channels (2-99)
> 2.       Only digital channels
>
> In “Input connections”
> 1.        Attach PVR-350 to the analog channel listing
> 2.       Attach pcHDTV-5500 analog  to the analog listing
> 3.       Attach pcHDTV-5500 digital tuner to the digital listing

Since you didn't mention that you have cable or satellite, I'm
assuming you are getting your analog television over the air. Be aware
that if you're in the US these broadcasts will go away in February and
you'll get a bunch of static from your analog cards.

> Should I have one video source with both analog and digital channels?

No. The way you have your video sources set up is correct. When you
assign a video source to an input connection, you are telling MythTV
that the input connection is capable of using every channel in that
Video Source.

> Do I need to setup a custom “input group” for the pcHDTV-5500
> because it is listed as two capture cards?

Yes. You need to make sure the Analog and Digital inputs on the 5500
are in the same group so MythTV knows it can only use one at a time.

-Brad