[mythtv-users] Can't watch TV

Mir Islam mislam at mirislam.com
Sat Jun 14 03:22:50 UTC 2008

Hey guys, just started with MythTV. I have Xubuntu + all mythtv dpkgs. I
have a Kworld ATSC 115 card. The card is recognized fine and I setup
proper input and video source using mythtv-setup. When scanning for
channels, I see several channels getting added although I do not see the
names of the channels ( I chose EIT for listings in video source since I
do not have schedulesdirect acct yet). But when I run mytfrontend and
choose to watch TV all I see is snow.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Also how can I get the name of the
channels with EIT? Right now it shows unknown <number> <number>

Thanks a lot