[mythtv-users] osx-packager doesn't build Qt?

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Thu Jun 12 16:46:17 UTC 2008

scram69 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:02 PM, David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com> wrote:
>
>> You can post it to the dev list, it may very well be a problem that they
>> need to fix.  But, in my experience, if you are trying to compile the
>> release-21-fixes branch, your best bet is to use the osx-packager.pl in
>> the specific branch you want to compile.
>>
>> For example, if you wanted to build the current trunk release, use the
>> osx-packager.pl from the trunk svn repository.  If you want to build the
>> release-21-fixes branch, use the osx-packager.pl from that branch.
>> Otherwise, you end up with weird errors and problems that probably don't
>> need to be fixed.
>>

> Well, I tried again... this time, I get osx-packager.pl from
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/contrib/OSX/osx-packager.pl
> and run
> perl osx-packager.pl -svnbranch release-0-21-fixes
>
> However, I still get the same error about not finding Qt installed!
> Am I still not using the correct combination of script and option in
> order to build 0.21-fixes?

Hmm, that is a bugger.   When you pulled down the different
osx-packager.pl script, did you blow away the .osx-packager directory
from the current working directory?  Or did you start the "perl
osx-packager.pl -svnbranch release-0-21-fixes" in a different
directory?   The reason I ask is that by default the osx-packager script
will reuse any compiled dependencies if it finds them in the
.osx-packager directory.  And if one version of the osx-packager didn't
compile QT threaded, and the other did, well, you'd still get the error
as both would see the compiled dependency and "just use it".

If you only want the release-0-21-fixes, you *could* just download it
from thesniderpad.com.  (Unless you need it universal, can't remember
what platform you were on).