[mythtv-users] Linux software raid question

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 03:27:26 UTC 2008

> you cant boot software on the RAID array.

I have been booting on software raid for a long time. Although I admit
my boot partition a 256 MB is raid 1. And yes all 5 to 10 drives have
the same contents. And also I install grub on them so all of them can
boot if need be...

<snip>

> Its been a while since I did software RAID.  Are you doing 1 jumbo
> partition?  last time I did software raid I had to recreate the
> partitions then add them to the array one at a time.

I call this an advantage over hardware. I mean I get  my 256 MB boot
and my 50GB / back under full raid level in a less than 30 minutes
instead of waiting for hours..

John