[mythtv-users] OT: The WB

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jul 27 18:38:42 UTC 2008

Was just Wikipediizing around, and I came across this:

 ===
The WB closed on Sunday, September 17, 2006 with The Night of Favorites
and Farewells, a five-hour block of pilot episodes of their past
signature series. The schedule was as follows (times listed are Eastern
and Pacific Time zones):

    * 5 p.m. - Felicity
    * 6 p.m. - Angel
    * 7 p.m. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a two-hour episode)
    * 9 p.m. - Dawson's Creek

Commercial breaks featured re-airings of past image campaigns and
network promotions. This plan involved promo spots given to the cable
networks carrying these shows in off-network syndication, along with
ads for each series' TV-on-DVD box set.[3]

The final montage was aired after an old WB promo from the past. Each
montage was at least 30 seconds long, while the final montage was about
1 minute. The final image was a silhouette of the former WB mascot
Michigan J. Frog. At the end of the montage, he was shown taking his
hat off and bowing thanking the audience for watching for 11 years and
bringing the network to a close. Michigan J. Frog was shown as a
silhouette because he "died" about 2 years earlier.
 ===

Did anyone record that -- and, more to the point, keep it?

Off list, please; I wouldn't want to offend the powers that be, even
though I'm clearly only interested in the interstitials, not the
programs.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.