[mythtv-users] USB Harddrives

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:11:46 UTC 2008

> Unmounting the drive while Myth is recording, or someone in the house
> is playing a recording, sounds like a problem waiting to happen to me.
> Couldn't you accomplish the same sort of thing by reading or writing a
> file in your cron job? If it's time based why does it require a
> unmount/mount operation?
>
> - Mark

This really isnt a issue because the umount will fail if the drive is being
accessed.  Therefore I know its mounted and working.

A better solution would be to have Myth or the OS handle this.  some small
script that when ever the drive is accessed it verifies its mounted and
writable.  Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks,
Mitchell