[mythtv-users] bttv, anything locks backend -> zombie on attempted restart of backend

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Mon Jul 14 16:06:34 UTC 2008

William Kenworthy wrote:
> may or may not applY:
>
> I had similar lockups due to having two bttv sources, one in use and one
> with no input connected or configuration in myth.  The two cards are
> different in their default settings.  Starting with 2.6.24 and worse
> with 2.6.25 they kept randomly swapping between  video0/video1 on boot.
> First attempt at using the unconfigured card usually ended in a hard
> lock.  Fix was to pin the video sources using udev (plenty of guides on
> the net)

Sadly, I don't think this was it - unless of course the problem is that
/dev/video0 was /dev/video once, but that should have been cleared up by
the recent reinstallation. Also, AFACT, the right (and only) card is
actually attempted accessed, just not with a satisfactory result :-(

Thanks for the attempt, though, but I am still interested in other
attempts for explanations :-(

Best regards,

Sune

--
There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We
don't believe this to be a coincidence.