[mythtv-users] HD Playback Quality

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 11 14:23:29 UTC 2008

While good, playback of HD broadcast recordings aren't quite as good
as live broadcast directly to the TV (no Myth), specifically with
motion blur.  Since my understanding is the recoding process is simply
storing the data packet to the hard drive, I figure the problem must
be in playback.  I found
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles which looks
promising, and I selected "High Quality" but it actually seemed to
make word scrolling (at the bottom of the screen) worse, not better.
My default option was Slim.

I'd like the highest possible playback quality and have lots of
processor resource to do it (3.0 GHz dual processors with 2G memory).
I'm hoping someone can save me some time in playing with the many
options.  Any suggestions on which parms I should use for the best
quality playback?  In case it matters my TV is Samsung LN46A650A1F.
Thanks.