[mythtv-users] bttv, anything locks backend -> zombie on attempted restart of backend

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Fri Jul 11 13:28:14 UTC 2008

William Kenworthy wrote:
> may or may not applY:
>
> I had similar lockups due to having two bttv sources, one in use and one
> with no input connected or configuration in myth.  The two cards are
> different in their default settings.  Starting with 2.6.24 and worse
> with 2.6.25 they kept randomly swapping between  video0/video1 on boot.
> First attempt at using the unconfigured card usually ended in a hard
> lock.  Fix was to pin the video sources using udev (plenty of guides on
> the net)
>
> BillK
>
> On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 14:29 +0200, Sune Mølgaard wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As the subject hints at, any attempts to use mythtv for anything

Hi William!

Thanks for the suggestion! The only other video sources I can think of
are on USB, so I don't know if they produce such dev files, but I'll
look into it!

Thanks,

Sune

--
Organized Religion is like Organized Crime; it preys on peoples'
weakness, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost