[mythtv-users] XvMC and skipping forward locks frontend

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jul 10 16:46:02 UTC 2008

My processor load was low in some cases as well.  I was surprised it
didn't work well enough to listen to an entire show but that was my
experience.  XvMC has particular problems when the OSD is on.  Hit Pause
and Play and see what that does.  Even with my 5400+, XvMC had problems
with the OSD, which is why I don't use it.

The only help I can be is that my setup worked and that might be a clue
that something is different in yours.  I was running Mythbuntu either
7.10 or 8.04, I don't remember which.

Allen