[mythtv-users] Desktop partly off-screen problem

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:46:01 UTC 2008

2008/7/7 Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org>:
> play around with 'xvidtune'
> it can help, it can also generate modelines that are
> hazardous to the health of your tv.

In theory, I'd be willing - but I don't get the warm and fuzzies with
that caution.  There's a certain "bull-in-a-chinashop" aspect to my
navigation of video configuration - and this is a new TV.

> though you may have more luck connecting to the tv
> with something digital instead of the vga analog connection.
> there are nice dvi to hdmi cables (with and without audio)
> that may be of interest to you if you have a dvi out on
> the video card.

I do have a DVI-out on the card, and I would be willing to try a
cable; but using the VGA cable would be ideal from the POVs of finance
and TV input efficiency.  Of course - if I can't get it to work...

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine