[mythtv-users] upnpmedia polling

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Jan 28 05:46:30 UTC 2008

> regularly doing something called BuildMediaMap using a hard-coded interval of
> 1800 seconds.
>
> Is this really necessary? What are the consequences of disabling this on my

 It's used for upnp media streaming of mythvideo content.  If it doesn't
check for new videos placed in your video directory tree then it would
never see anything newly added until the next time you restart the backend.

If you increase the timer or disable it, it will wont cause you any problems
unless you are using a upnp client to stream the videos such as
ps3/xbox360 etc :)

> local copy until a more sleep-friendly solution arises?

 I hadn't considered people who put their drives to sleep when I added
the timer but I might be swayed to make the timer value configurable.