[mythtv-users] Exitting Frontends

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 8 03:40:07 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 07/01/2008, myth at pbj-design.dk <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
>> Hey Group.
>>
>> I build my Myth upon ArchLinux. a Under the stairs solutiuon.
>>
>> When I want to exit the frontend in the livingroom -  I press the ESC and
>> got the question:
>> Are you sure you waqnt to quit:
>> No
>> Yes
>> yes and shutdown.
>>
>> When I press yes and shutdown, The frontend closes but the PC stays on??
>> Is there a script here that I can add some extra lines to - so that I'm
>> sure it'll shutdown?.
>> I've looked at /usr/bin/mythshutdown but that's a binaery file - so that's
>> not a chance.
>> Since I have all Tunercards in the Backend - I don't have a need for
>> WakeOnLan so that is the question if that have something to do with it??
>
> Almost certainly a permissions issue - you probably want to add
> permission for the mythfrontend user to use the shutdown/poweroff
> commands in your /etc/sudoers file.
>
> If you run mythfrontend as root, does the machine shutdown properly?

If so, try adding a line like this to your /etc/sudoers file to allow any
user on that machine to power it off without entering their password (do
"sudo visudo" and add this line):

ALL ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/poweroff

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you