[mythtv-users] Exitting Frontends

myth at pbj-design.dk myth at pbj-design.dk
Tue Jan 8 07:28:53 UTC 2008

Hey All.
Thanks for the answers.

The solution was to setup /etc/sudoers ( which is not standard in
ArchLinux) and add the line:
myth ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mythshutdown

And afterwards in the konfiguration for MythTV - change the standard Halt
kommand to
sudo mythshutdown.
That does the trick for me.
So thanks to all for suplying ideas etc.

Have anybody heard of an way to make the whole frontend shutdown in case
of setting the sleeptimer for LiveTV!
Caurse I don't want my PC to run all nigth after I'm gone to sleep. The TV
stops but the Machine are still running.

Thanks again.

Per