[mythtv-users] All the other 1TB HDD bubbles

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Feb 11 18:40:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 09:56:36AM -0800, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> Not sure if anyone knows of this one, but here's a 1TB single drive Hitachi
> usb hard drive for $229 from bestbuy.com:
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8355497&type=product&id=117711
> 2455081&AID=10474050&PID=227502&SID=111810-n-1&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.
> com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D8355497%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D117711245
> 5081

... are all the other 1TB drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150014+103530090&name=800GB+and+higher

It's a bit unusual for Best Buy to have an external drive cheaper than
newegg has the raw drive.  And it's a cast iron pain the ass for me to
copy that URL out of mutt into Firefox; clearly, BestBuy's web people
need to be taken out behind the woodshed.  That page actually *says*
it's the 1TB bubble?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.