[mythtv-users] Fedora and firewire capture? Anyone got it working?

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:21:46 UTC 2008

> I am having problems getting firewire capture working with Fedora.
> Specifically my backend locks up when I plug in the firewire cable. Does
> anyone have this working? It works with ubuntu but I hate that distro.
> Any help is appreciated.

I was having the same problem using Fedora 8 with my iPod over firewire.  I
was able to get around it by reverting to the previous kernel version.  I'm
not at home right now, but I'll reply with the kernel version that works for
me when I get home.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is/was having this problem.
Neither dmesg nor /var/log/messages contain any info.  The system just locks
up as soon as you plug in the firewire.