[mythtv-users] Myth won't play DVDs, video is shaky

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Thu Dec 11 23:44:58 UTC 2008

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> The main thing here is the deinterlacer that is being used. While the slim
> profile worked for me, it was changing to greedy 2X that really made video
> smooth. You need a better cpu to do the greedy 2x, but the smoothness of the
> picture is second to none.

Thanks Steve. I'll play around with it to have another look. That said,
  I remain of the view that the dedicated HD tuner > display in the LG
LCD tv  is far more capable than anything I can stick in or tweak in the
mythbox. It seems to those in our house that the picture is brighter,
more vibrant. And there is absolutely no motion blur.  In fairness, I
had the same criticisms when I was running WinXP MCE and Vista MC early
this year.

That said, I look forward to seeing nvidia's Purevision for Linux when
it arrives:

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/2008/11/nvidia-driver-brings-purevideo-features-to-linux/
http://tinyurl.com/6kvqsx

NB Hardware is AMD AM2 4800+, 2G RAM, nvidia 7300GT based.

--
The GuiGuy

   ,-._|\
  /  Oz  \