[mythtv-users] Myth won't play DVDs, video is shaky

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:31:28 UTC 2008

> I've had no luck getting the internal player to work with video DVDs,
> protected or otherwise. libcss etc is installed. Like the other poster I
> settled for mplayer.

I've also recently lost the ability to play [most of my] DVDs using
the mythtv internal player. (Running 0.21 fixes from a month or two
ago).

I think I'm being hit by the issue in this ticket.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5630

The DVD fails to start and I see "Still Frame" on my LCDProc display.
None of the navigation keys seem to get things moving again.

I'm using xine now, but getting a bit of tearing that I didn't have
with the Internal player  :-(