[mythtv-users] Up coming recordings suddenly empty.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 9 17:04:53 UTC 2008

On 12/09/2008 11:33 AM, Damian wrote:
> I did go into my settings earlier (looking for log settings relating another other post) and noticed in the general settings that 'localhost' was set instead of the ip address of this frontend/backend box. I changed that to 192.168.0.2 and it was after that that I noticed this problem.

You can't just change hostnames without telling Myth.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend
(but that will likely fail, now, because of the default entries that
were created causing duplicates).

>  However, I've tried going back to 'localhost' and things were still the same.
>
> I have rebooted, but may nor have rebooted with the setting on 'localhost', so i could try that. I thought the setting was supposed to be the ip address though when you have front ends connecting occationally.
>
> Not checked that tuners are connected to sources, but watching tv seems to be fine.
>
> Maybe something broke due to my disk being full of log files earlier. I completely broke a myth install once by the disk filling up too much (system disks, not recordings). Very frustrating that that can happen and there's no safe guard against it (apparent to me anyway).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

And notice the, "And, yes, you can still record LiveTV this way... "

Mike