[mythtv-users] Up coming recordings suddenly empty.

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 16:33:11 UTC 2008

>>On Tue Dec 09, 2008 at 02:54:04PM +0000, Damian wrote:
>> I don't know what's going on here.
>>
>> My upcoming recordings page is suddenly empty. Do recordings look to be
>> marked for record if I look at the tv schedule either. If I look in
>> mythweb, all the recording schedules I'd expect to see are there, but if
>> I go to 'upcoming recordings' within mythweb then that's empty too.
>>
>> Any ideas what would be going on?
>> I've got programs that need taping tonight. Should I ignore this
>> weirdness and try to start all schedule recordings from scratch?
>>

>I'd check that your tuners are showing up, and that they're connected to
>the sources.  Have you changed any settings/rebooted recently?
>
>Cheers,
>    Robin

I did go into my settings earlier (looking for log settings relating another other post) and noticed in the general settings that 'localhost' was set instead of the ip address of this frontend/backend box. I changed that to 192.168.0.2 and it was after that that I noticed this problem. However, I've tried going back to 'localhost' and things were still the same.

I have rebooted, but may nor have rebooted with the setting on 'localhost', so i could try that. I thought the setting was supposed to be the ip address though when you have front ends connecting occationally.

Not checked that tuners are connected to sources, but watching tv seems to be fine.

Maybe something broke due to my disk being full of log files earlier. I completely broke a myth install once by the disk filling up too much (system disks, not recordings). Very frustrating that that can happen and there's no safe guard against it (apparent to me anyway).

Thanks for the replies.

Damian