[mythtv-users] Double entry of live tv recordings in mythfrontend recordings list

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv-users at kosowsky.org
Tue Dec 9 16:57:02 UTC 2008

I have long noticed that many times when I watch liveTV (without any
channel or configuration change) that I get "double" entries for the same
program in my media library. Both entries have the same channel and
start time but the first entry is often (always?) an empty file.

It seems almost as if the tuner is trying twice with the first time
creating an empty file and the second time succeeding with a valid
stream. My tuner is a pchdtv5500.

This seems to happen mostly on very short recordings. Either that or
the duplicate/empty file gets auto-deleted after a little bit.

Also, is there some logic that very short recordings (maybe < 1
minute) get deleted after a few minutes rather than being stored for
24 hours?

(Note I couldn't find much detail on this either on the LiveTV wiki
page or in the FAQ)