[mythtv-users] Lock L_S Issues with DVB reception - UK - how I got it working

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 08:41:47 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  Just a post to help those who may be having issues with Freeview
>  (DVB-T) reception in the UK (or elsewhere) where some channels that
>  may not work under MythTV but work in other setups (ie scan sees
>  them).  This may happen with the channels have been moved/reconfigured
>  by providers.
>
>  I have solved this issue by re-scan(ing) and comparing the last line
>  with what mythtv channel scanned.
>
>  For example ITV3 did not work for me - It never Locked, and gave L_S
>  (instead of LMS)[1] - ie nearly there.
>
>  Find the channel ID of the channels you have issues with (hint select
>  * from channel;)
>
>  How to fix;
>  - Stop mythbackend
>  - rescan;
>  scan /usr/share/doc/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/examples/scan/dvb-t/uk-Midhurst
>  > channels.conf
>  - Check myconverge DB for channels with issues eg;
>  mysql> select serviceid from channel where chanid='1010';
>  +-----------+
>  | serviceid |
>  +-----------+
>  |      8304 |
>  +-----------+
>  - Check channels.conf file;
>  grep ITV3 channels.conf
>  ITV3:826167000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:540:541:8294
>
>  ** Notice that the last line has a different number **
>
>  mysql> update channel set serviceid=8294 where chanid='1010';
>  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
>
>  - restart mythbackend
>
>  - try live tv and switching to the channel.

Also note that if a channel moves multiplex, you will also need to
update the value stored in mythconverg.channel.mplexid to point to the
correct multiplex details stored in the mythconverg.dtv_multiplex
table.

It may well be possible to achieve all of this with the DVB scanner in
mythtv-setup by rescanning existing multiplexes to pick up the
new/deleted channels, but I can't vouch for its stability.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: