[mythtv-users] Lock L_S Issues with DVB reception - UK - how I got it working

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 22:29:05 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Just a post to help those who may be having issues with Freeview
(DVB-T) reception in the UK (or elsewhere) where some channels that
may not work under MythTV but work in other setups (ie scan sees
them).  This may happen with the channels have been moved/reconfigured
by providers.

I have solved this issue by re-scan(ing) and comparing the last line
with what mythtv channel scanned.

For example ITV3 did not work for me - It never Locked, and gave L_S
(instead of LMS)[1] - ie nearly there.

Find the channel ID of the channels you have issues with (hint select
* from channel;)

How to fix;
- Stop mythbackend
- rescan;
scan /usr/share/doc/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/examples/scan/dvb-t/uk-Midhurst
> channels.conf
- Check myconverge DB for channels with issues eg;
mysql> select serviceid from channel where chanid='1010';
+-----------+
| serviceid |
+-----------+
|      8304 |
+-----------+
- Check channels.conf file;
grep ITV3 channels.conf
ITV3:826167000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:540:541:8294

** Notice that the last line has a different number **

mysql> update channel set serviceid=8294 where chanid='1010';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

- restart mythbackend

- try live tv and switching to the channel.

Greg

1. http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.22