[mythtv-users] OT: Computer Hardware for sale

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Dec 2 04:15:02 UTC 2008

On Monday 01 December 2008 19:09:29 Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Sorry everybody, I just thought this stuff might be of use to people
> >> trying to build myth systems, nothing more.
> >>
> >> Since hardware is a frequent topic here, would it be possible to setup
> >> a separate mailing list for FS/WTB type exchanges? Just a thought...
> >>
> >> Richard
> >
> > ebay, craigslist, avsforum, etc.
>
> Not that I've built any lasting relationships but having been on the
> list for a while it starts to feel like a community and I just wanted
> to give fellow MythTV users first "crack" at it before I went
> elsewhere. Also some hardware is more suited to Myth (or other PVR)
> use than others, such as passively cooled graphics cards, which are of
> no use to a gamer. I wasn't aware of avsforum, I'll check it out.

I tend to agree that it would be nice to offer "deals" to the folks here.
Sometimes, with small quantities, it's not worth going to the "Big-Boys".

But I really don't see any way to do it without turning the list into a
swap-shop. The traffic load is high enough, and I guess I am degrading the
S/N even with this post.

Isaac said his list is not E-Bay, and we are all certainly glad for that, and
appreciate his providing it.

A local LUG usually provides customers for this type of equipment, if you
don't want to go national.

--
beww
beww at beww.org