[mythtv-users] OT: Computer Hardware for sale

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:29:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry everybody, I just thought this stuff might be of use to people
>>> trying to build myth systems, nothing more.
>>>
>>> Since hardware is a frequent topic here, would it be possible to setup
>>> a separate mailing list for FS/WTB type exchanges? Just a thought...
>>>
>>> Richard
>>
>> ebay, craigslist, avsforum, etc.
>
> Not that I've built any lasting relationships but having been on the
> list for a while it starts to feel like a community and I just wanted
> to give fellow MythTV users first "crack" at it before I went
> elsewhere. Also some hardware is more suited to Myth (or other PVR)
> use than others, such as passively cooled graphics cards, which are of
> no use to a gamer. I wasn't aware of avsforum, I'll check it out.

Richard, we understand, and you wouldn't be the first to do it. We
know your intentions are good, so don't worry about trying to make us
understand why, just know its not appropriate for the list, take it as
an opportunity to read the etiquette page and a learning lesson.

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/