[mythtv-users] Newbie Q's.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:07:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Francis Hartojo <fhartojo at yahoo.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
>  - AMD Phenom 9600 2.3GHz Quad-Core.

<SNIP>

>  - The mythbackend process crashes every now and again especially when switching in and out of LiveTV.  It's not as often as with Mythbuntu 7.10 x86_64, but still does.

We had problems like this with our older 0.20 server. That machine was
a 32-bit HT processor/ When I switched to a non-SMP kernel they almost
totally went away. I presume you are using an SMP kernel since it's a
quad-core processor. It would be a disappointment to switch that box
to a UP kernel permanently but you might try it as a test.

Good luck,
Mark