[mythtv-users] mytharchive produced incomplete video

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Sep 27 00:42:42 UTC 2007

I'm dabbling with mytharchive to export some shows out to DVD.  I've
used it only once before to archive out a US football game to DVD which
worked flawlessly.  This time around though, mytharchive took an 1hr
long show and gave me a DVD with 20 minutes of the show.

In both cases, I loaded the cutlist, and I did make sure that the
cutlist only cut out the commercials.  The video source in both cases
was OTA HD (as was my first go-around), and all of the mytharchive logs
looked as if it processed with no problems.

The only difference, though, is that I have started using
"mythrename.pl" on a semi-regular basis for other reasons.  Would this
have an impact on mytharchive producing a full length file, or might it
be some glitch or something that is in the MPEG2 stream that it isn't
liking (OTA HD isn't always 'clean')?