[mythtv-users] mytharchive produced incomplete video

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Thu Sep 27 20:25:57 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 20:42:42 Rich West wrote:
> I'm dabbling with mytharchive to export some shows out to DVD.  I've
> used it only once before to archive out a US football game to DVD which
> worked flawlessly.  This time around though, mytharchive took an 1hr
> long show and gave me a DVD with 20 minutes of the show.

I've seen this happen occasionally. I'm not sure what the cause is; it just
crops up from time to time. One of these days I'll investigate the matter in
more depth. I suspect, but am far from positive, that it has to do with
chapter breaks. If you've still got the original recording, I suggest trying
again using a different theme (preferably one that creates different chapter
break points) and/or transcoding the program before recording it. It's
conceivable that either approach will fix the problem.

> The only difference, though, is that I have started using
> "mythrename.pl" on a semi-regular basis for other reasons.  Would this
> have an impact

No, I've never used mythrename.pl, and I've seen the problem. OTOH, if *ALL*
your DVDs now have this problem, it's conceivable that mythrename.pl is to
blame. I just see it every now and then (maybe every 10-50 recordings) on a
seemingly random basis.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com