[mythtv-users] Sequence for deleting dropped channels?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:19:29 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/24/2007 08:44 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
> > **Now** I notice the comment about not needing to delete channels.
> >
> > When I went into mythtv-setup to delete the extraneous channels, the
> > action I took actually deleted *all* of them.  Oops?!
> >
> > Fortunately, the button (whose exact label I don't recall
>
> To protect the innocent, I won't recall it for you.  ;)
>
> > ) for retrieving channel data from the lineup worked fine.  I just
> > made sure to run it for each of my (can't think of the right term
> > here) capture channels
>
> Probably video sources.
>
> > (PVR-500 dual-channel capture card needs both refreshed).
> >
> > With all the new shows, I did a full-up test without even thinking
> > about whether this was an issue and must have gotten it all right
> > since all of my capture channels were in use at the same time and all
> > the shows succeeded (I think-didn't watch any yet, but they're the
> > right size and commflag ran on all of them).
>
> In many cases deleting everything is the easiest way, anyway.  If I had
> the choice between deleting 10's of channels individually or just
> deleting them all and re-creating with the "Fetch channels from listings
> provider" (and--for digital--the channel scan), I'd take the latter.
> But then again, that's why they call me
>
> Mike "Delete all" Dean  ;)

Ok, so I selected a channel or two and clicked on the "Delete channels"
button which actually deleted *all* channels and then recovered as described
earlier.  If I want to delete *one* channel in the future (e.g. my cable
provider moves another "basic" channel to the digital darkside) how do I do
just one channel deletion?

Craig.